PC will not boot when I turn it on

Atham

Hello,

when I press the power button on my case, my computer starts, the blue light shines but my monitor doesn't show anything.

After many resets and taking out the power cable the PC eventually switches on and boots. My power supply is not the best. It was part of my case. Is the PSU a problem?

Here is my PSU:

Thanks

I'd say its related to something else.

Maybe a glitch, but that sounds like the GPU, or motherboard issue.

I have an IGP. So it might be the motherboard.
Is there a way to fix this?

BTW, back when I had 32 bit windows I installed some drivers for the mobo. Then when I clean installed windows 7 64 bit I installed some mobo drivers. Everything was successful.

How many times has this happened now? Is it every time you turn it on, or has it just done it this once and been fine since?

Yes, it could be the motherboard. Its unlikely the PSU, as your system isn't going to be drawing considerable wattage or amperage from it, and the issue sounds more like the computer wasn't POST'ing.

Well have you made any changes, or touched any of the hardware recently? Or upgraded or altered any drivers or other critical software?

If the answer is no, then first step (as its easiest) would be to replace the PSU with a known-to-be-good one, to confirm it isn't related to the PSU.

Next step would be to confirm the RAM isn't the issue. Remove all but one stick, and then try booting.

It could be the motherboard, but it seems odd that it occasionally works, but doesn't others. Usually it works, or it doesn't work.

I don't have that many PSUs. I did upgrade the AMD 11.8 catalyst driver, that is all.

Usually it doesn't work.

It works now, so far. I took out the RAM and put it back in. So far it works. I will see if it works tomorrow.

Back