PC will not start, after being unused for over a year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Dell Desktop about 2002, Intel P4 like 2.8ghz, was a bad *** gaming pc that I bough just for DOOM3, well I stopped using it last year Oct cause I got this laptop, which love laptops now lol, and I would say around Last december was the last time it was turned on and worked, I just hooked it up and tried to turn it on it started up the Dell start up with the F2 for set up ect. and stopped 3/4 of the way...waited waited so i shut it off then tried again, no all it does is the loud whoos and the 2 lights on the front stay on and the 2 dvd/cd rom lights blink. Anyone have an Idea of how I can fix this if fixable, or do I need pro help.
Thx 4 any help

Dark Lord of the Sith

Try moving the cables inside the case a bit. It might have some problems detecting your HDD. If that doesn't work try resetting your bios. Since you didn't use for a year the bios battery might have died so check that too.

The whoos is the cooling fan for the power supply then it turns off and there is no beep/noised from the cpu. Dont remember the model number but did some research and I bet it it the bios or cmos battery. Will have to work on it later. Ty for all the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back