PC wont boot after BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a problem I've been having for some months now. I've tried to troubleshoot my entire computer from day one, and I've gotten rid of lots of different problems. One problem remains, though.

Some times, often during the night or other times where I'm AFK for a longer period of time (6-9 hours, maybe shorter) I get an ugly BSOD on my screen. After this BSOD, my computer wont boot. In order to make the computer boot up, I have to manually flash the BIOS, something that gets very annoying in the long run.

What happens is I shut it down, removing the BSOD. I then turn it back on, but no components are responding. The screen is black gets no signal, the keyboard has no signal (the num- and capslock lights doesn't respond) and the mouse's lazer is off. I can't hear the HDD working either.

Has anyone got any idea what is going on? The BSOD BCCode returned is as follows:

BCCode : c1 BCP1 : 8C368E48 BCP2 : 8C368985 BCP3 : 006501B4
BCP4 : 00000023 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

The "BCCode: C1" error is not familiar to me. I can't even figure out what it is using Google, so I guess this is sort of a last resort.

I would also like to know what Product: 256_1 is. This product ID has appeared on every BSOD error I have gotten, so that would probably help out a lot.

I hope some of you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.:)

Specs:
Corsair Powersupply 650W Black, ATX/EPS
MSI P45 Platinum
Corsair Dominator TWIN2X8500C5D 4096MB
Intel Core? 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
HIS Radeon HD 4870 512MB IceQ 4+

"I have to manually flash the BIOS"...

Do you actually mean "reset" the bios?

Does the computer keep the correct time when it is running? The CMOS battery may be dead or the motherboard is defective

Yes, I mean reset, not flash. My bad.

The computer keeps the correct time, but when I reset the BIOS, the clock goes back to a certain time and date. I am by the way able to boot my computer if i shut down the computer normally, but not if it shuts down due to a BSOD.

I have thought about the MB being defective, but I guess I've tried to avoid RMAing it, since it would leave me without a computer for about a week or two. :(

What other cards do you have plugged into the motherboard? USB ports, phone modem, network card, as examples

I have a Linksys WUSB54GC Wireless Network card plugged into one of the USB ports, as well as a MS Intelli 3.0 mouse and a Logitech Ultra X Premium keyboard. I occasionally plug in an external HDD and USB-memory sticks, but thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back