PC won't boot at all... motherboard light is on

saram96

title says it all motherboard light is on and it wont boot up no beeps or nothing everything is connected i think, recently upgraded to a 600W OCZ Psu but i tried another psu aswell and it wouldnt boot, nothing starts at all, tried another case just in case power button had gone i dont know maybe i put something in bent but i honestly dont know any help appreciated, thanks for read system specs below:
Also put in a new 500GB HDD

Processor: Athlon II X4 640
MOBO:M4A78LT-M
RAM:V DATA 2GB (2X2GB)
2X 500GB HDD
CASECOM 6788 case

Will swiftly answer any questions just need this pc back on quick thanks alot

Is your motherboard touchingthe side of the case in any way? Any wires that might possibly cause a short?

look maybe while changing the cases you did not connect the 24 pin power connector properly, i once faced that kind of situation. one thing you have to keep in mind while re-assembling a PC is the number of pins to leave out. there are 26 pins on your motherboard and 24 on the power supply connector. the best thing to do now is to connect the power connector leaving 2 ports towards the edge of the board, otherwise its either you receive that problem again or the motherboard doesn't power up at all though the CPU fan will keep spinning.

Best thing to try right off the bat. Take the motherboard back OUT of the case, set it onto something soft with a static sheet between the motherboard and the soft object. Plug in the power supply, have your RAM in, processor in.

Note: You will not have youra Power On/Reset cords attached to the board unless the cords are long enough and you want to plug them in, if you can't, you can use a Flathead screwdriver and touch the two pins that are "Power On" and it will work the same.

Try and boot the computer. If it boots fine, then start to add hardware one piece at a time, if by any point it Stops booting, you know it is that hardware.

How ever if it doesn't boot with the motherboard out and only the Power Supply/RAM/CPU. Take out the CMOS battery, disconnect the power, and try and boot it a few times, hit the power pins a few times, this will drain the board. Put the CMOS back in, and connect the power supply again. Try and boot the computer. If it boot's then there are two things to try. Restart the computer a few times, make sure it still boots. Also try to change just One setting that will not effect it (such as the time in the BIOS) save the settings, restart the computer.
I had one INTEL Model that would refuse to POST after changing 1 setting in the BIOS, and it happened on multiple boards even after RMA.

Post back any updates.

not working will just scrap it keep the ram and hard drive and sell the rest of it thanks alot guys sorry for wasting your time

Back