PC Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g4mer

i was surfing on the net, and suddenly i got blue screen
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xc2e29d7c, 0x00000000, 0x8050298a, 0x00000000)
Beginnig dump of psyihical memory

I restared my pc. And now before it shows windows xp boot screen, pc stops responding.
Then i tried to install fresh copy of windows, but when i press any key to boot from cd, my pc stops responding again, and i cant do anything to move it. It might be something with my hardware. Can someone plleeeaaassseeee help me?

Have you made any changes to your system? or installed some new drivers? if not then its pretty certain that you got some very malicious malware/trojan while visiting a page.

When your computer completes post start pressing F8; and try to boot into safe mode; if it works; you can try to restore it to a previous restore point when your system was working normally.

If it doesn't work reboot your system again repeat above steps; and instead of choosing to boot in safe mode trying booting with Last Good Known Configuration.

And if that doesn't work; well you'll need your XP Setup CD; and boot from it; and try to repair your existing windows installation from that; in hope that it will let you boot and clean out your system.

If anyone of the above work out; download malwarebytes and run a scan; cleaning anything it tells you to do so, post it's log here for review. Also download HiJackThis and run a scan, then post its log here as well.

Im pressing F8 but nothing happens. Also tried to hold F8 key but nothing. I have my Windows XP cd, and i cant boot from it. My pc stops responding just like when im trying to get into the windows. Maybe something is wrong with my hardware?

Have you set to boot from DVD-CDROM in your bios?

Also I noticed in your system's specs that you've Oced it; was it through the software or from bios ? if its later it would be prudent to restore everything to default until you resolve this.

Try other cables, if still not working, connect your HD in a different PC, if it's detected then it is still OK, if not, you need a new HD.

I overclocked my cpu through bios, but i restored settings to normal. Also i adjusted my bios to boot from my cd-dvd, but as i said when it asks me to boot from cd stops responding. I will try to put my hd in other pc to format it.

it stops coz it cannot find where to save/load installation files so you really need to check your HD if it is not corrupted. Try also other copy of your installation disk, your orig CD installer maybe also the problem. (well its just a suggestion of a lady)

Well do two things:

Restore your bios to default settings; and ensure that your hdd is recognized, if it is being recognized then probably destiny's idea that installation media is at fault may be true; if it isn't as i suspect as well; try putting it in another pc and see whether it works there.

I'm 100% sure that my Hard Disk is recognized. I restored my default BIOS settings, but nothing helped.Then i used my friend's Windows Vista DVD, and managed to boot into Vista, where i had option to format my HD. So when i finished formatting, i canceled setup. Then i inserted Xp CD and successfully installed it.

Thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back