PC wont display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerman

Well i was unsure were to post this, seeing As i am new to this sight. Well my problem is I hook up my PC to the monitor and turn it on, Well it turns on but nothing will display. I am use the default on board video but to no luck. I changed out the ram did no good. I checked to make sure all my cables and cards are set in firmly I am fairly good with PC's but this thing has me at a lose, any help will be appreciated,

Hey pal, I guess it's about RAM. Make sure that you put a supported type of memory. Also did you try to test your pc with a different monitor? (rent one from your friend or something) ;)

Powerman... in an effor to help you to improve the responses to your question,
I would suggest carefully reviewing the following tutorial... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html
This is an excellent guide on making a first post or starting a thread.
Please also look at the suggested examples of great first posts.

Hi Powerman,

I'd suggest running through this guide and see if it helps in any way. Sounds as if your computer isn't POSTing (from what I can gather in your thread)

Thanks snowchick7669 but...

your guide was awesome, but it did not help much when it came to my problem for i have already done all of those things. But I got it to at least give me some beep-codes so i looked them up for my MB and it seems to be a RAM issue. So i took the RAM out one by one and test both of them. But I still get the Beep-codes. The odds of both of the RAM sticks going bad is unlikely, So i am guessing the memory modals on my MB went out. But i would like to thank You for you help, seems like there is some one out there with some knowledge. I will try a few more things to see if it works and post it if it dose.

That can happen especially if you have a power surge/power spikes. Wasn't sure what steps you had gone through when diagnosing the no POST situation, so I'm sorry that you had already covered that ground.

Good troubleshooting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back