PC won't power up

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone,
I've joined this group cause i'm in desperate need of help. a month back my both of my pc's stop working. i have just bought a ASUS P5KPL-AM SE G31+ ICH& motherboard, 2.5 dual core E5200 INTEL processor and 1gig ram. I've just put everything together and the pc won't power up when i push the power switch. I've tried both 300w and 350w power supplys and using the onboard graphics. I don't know if it is the power supplys because the motherboard lights up. The monitor has seperate power supply. I've also tried it in two boxes thinking that the power switch could be faulty, and still nothing.... could it be that both power supplys are too small? Any help would be greatly appreciated as the amount of money i've spent on this pc so far i could have just gone and bought a complete pc...

IMO the PSU is too weak. Try a 450W+ quality PSU. Can you tell us what have you put on the mobo?

Some MB have an extra power supply connector. Black and Yellow with 4 connectors.

Is the Power switch properly connected PWR pins on the MB? Check that too.

I have to agree with the others about PSU being at least 430W.

The PSU would have been very weak had he been using a graphics card. However, without that, don't you think 350W is ok?

It still depends on the PSU. If it's Universal 24(20) Pin, PCI-Express rated (black and yellow 4 pin connector), PFC and S-ATA (optional).

Personally I buy Thermaltake PSUs.

thank you all for the help, i'll get a new PSU and try it. what size do you recommend as i'm gonna be buying a new graphics card and tv card as well, and have two internal hard drives and two dvd rewriters which need to go in as well.
i don't wanna buy a new PSU everytime i add something to the motherboard.

What graphics card will you be buying? I think the Corsair 650TX is the best option. However, if you'd like something a little cheaper you could go with the Corsair 450VX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back