PC won't reboot and won't run in safe mode

Duthie

ok basically I have my old DELL PC hooked up to my printer (dell printer) and I was going to try and print off some stuff for work but my old pc wont boot up. Initially I tried it out on the floor because I had no room on my desk to put the the case so I booted and it booted succesfully as far as the user login screen. I was happy with that so (stupid me) I decided to just hold the power button and restart the computer so I could take all the wires out and place it up wher it should be.....Now the problem is I cant even get as far as the password screen. Its saying 'we appologise for the inconvenianence, but windows did not start succesfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this. etc etc

So anyone know what I should do or how to help. I will continue to search these forums for problems of a similar nature...

thanks

You've missed out a couple of bits of information, your version of windows and the model of the PC. Have you got a genuine Windows disc or do you only have restore/recovery discs.

Windows XP, Not sure about the model and more details :/

And no I dont seem to have any discs windows or recovery discs. I have the problem PC beside me here and turned on.just cant seem to get it past the mup.sys drivers part

You have to make the disk on another PC and as you will see in the instructions you use it to boot the PC, you don't have to get to the dektop.

You could try the Norton disc, is it bootable? If it is it may help but it will not be up to date with the latest virus definitions.

You need to make a bootable anti virus disc to get your PC going as I strongly suspect that the problem is due to a Malware infection.

Back