PC wont stay ON

Hi guys, im new in the forum, don't know if I can start threading right away but here goes.

My setup: 2500k @ stock, ASROCK Z77 pro 3, 2x2gb of gskill ripjaw, HX650, WD Black 500gb+SG 320gb, 6870 Shappire.

My problem started quite a while ago with another motherboard, one day I started my PC and it just wouldn't boot, it ran for about 1-3sec and then it would shut off, infinite loop... So at the time I just swapped my HX psu for a temporary 220w one and it was all ok apart from having to take the gpu out since this psu wouldn't handle it. Then that motherboard burned and I swapped it for a brand new one (z77 pro 3).
At the same time as I got the new board I went to a electronic repair shop with my HX psu since I was sure it was broke. And a week later they call me to go get it back and the guy tells me shes in perfect condition, which was very awkward since ive been messing around with computers for years and I usually dont make this sorta stupid mistake. I thought, well maybe it was the previous board (Even if she did work with the 220w PSU, it didnt really make any sense but I thought wtv lets give it a try anyway). Got home got it running and voila, works perfectly... For TWO days. After those two days with a new board and the rest of the same components the PC went back to the same simptoms, it would power on and off for seconds and loop and loop... Again I switched to the old 220w psu and it works perfectly.
Went back to the store, they tested it and swap some internal components just to keep it safe and deliver it to me, saying it ran for days without a hiccup, with 2 HDDs and a bunch of different OS's (If that even mattered).

So I got back home tested it and hurray, its finally over its running perfectly and im playing a bunch of games without any problems. But, its been two days... Wont boot, LOOP LOOP! Same old story, HX wont work and im back to the 220w psu...

Any ideas? Im out of options, this makes 0 sense!

Thanks in advance!

I would rather think the PSU is bad. Your best bet would be to invest in a new one. This more or less would save time and the problems you are having. Plus the expense of repair a PSU that keeps failing.

But if it is failing how can the guys at the store say its running for days without a problem? They seem like a very professional and knowledgeable bunch, they are even partners with siemens etc... Didn't mention that they charged me 0€ for both times!

If they have swap parts out of it and have charge you both times. You get home and stress with games. It does the same thing. In my own opinion the first time I would just have bought a new one. They could continue to keep replacing parts and you paying each time. At this rate you could have already bought a new one. Plus might have been less expensive.. I would have just replaced it. Plus this would have saved you the frustration.

Sorry mis read thought they charge you. Like you are saying as soon as you switch power supplies. The computers boots fine. Is there a way you can have them check the whole PC Just to rule out something else installed in the PC. Is not pulling down on the PC Power supply. Or so they can see what is happening. This might help you out better in the long run. Right now it is pointing to the PSU. But at least if the computer is check as a whole. It will be easier to tell.

Last edited:
Back