PC133 in a PC100 MOBO??

By da_yeti
Aug 30, 2005
  1. I recently purchased some memory for a friends computer from His computer is a HP Pavilion 8750C it takes PC100 Non-Ecc SDRAM. I bought PC133 Non-Ecc SDRAM made by Rosewill. I put the chips in for him and it will not start-up and i cant figure out why. I then put the chips in my second PC that runs PC133 and they wont work in it either? Is this a memory chip problem or is it the wrong kind of memory somehow? I read you can put PC133 in a PC100 computer but it will only run at PC100 instead of the 133. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks,
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Get Memtest86 from
    Read the instructions to make a floppy, then run it with different configurations.
    Rosewill is a crap brand, return it for something reputable (Kingston/Crucial etc.)
  3. da_yeti

da_yeti TS Rookie Topic Starter

Called newegg today they said they would send me 2 new sticks out so hopefully these will work out thanks for the reply realblackstuff. They told me to call Rosewill and tell them the problem i was having I dont think thats necesary unless these 2 new ones are duds to.
  4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

It could be that the HP motherboard is extremely picky about what ram you put into it, and won't work with the new sticks either. A call to Rosewill should answer that, and possibly save you ripping out some hair in frustration...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.