pci device listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehtasum_

hey i just added new harddrive and when i start my computer it says detecting in a black and white window then it goes to this screen where it shows all the drivers that are found and says pci device listing and just stays there. it doesnt go anywhere... do you guys have any idea what to do :S please help me out.. shudnt it boot my cd and start downloading windows xp .. please help me out if someone have any solution. thank you

goto your bios settings. confirm your boot order are correct or similar to this:

1: Floppy (if used)
2: CD/DVD Drive
3: HDD with the OS on it.

you can access bios at the first screen when you power up your pc, usualy by pressing F2, Del (most common ones) or another/combination of keys. Look out for words like "Press DEL to enter SETUP" or similar..

actually my bad... when i press delet it goes to this window and it says boot... i go to boot and it says
1) floppy
2) hard drive ( quantium fireball)
3) cd dvd ( samsung cdrw)
4) other boot device ( on board ata boot device)

thats what it says.. so what do i do now :S i dont know what the means.. is that how its supose to be É

i dont know what you ment by HDD wit OS on it

ok i rearranged it as you said. but it shows the same mssage about ultra100 bios not installed and get stuck in black and white screen that shows your processor info. it stil doesnt boot my OS

have you tried flashing your bios?

go to the motherboard manufacturers website, download the latest bios update for your motherboard. They should say somewhere on there on how to do it step by step and other instructions like whether to burn it to a cd or something and should be straight foreward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back