PCI Express 2.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphmex

Hello guys, i have a Biostar GF7050V-M7 motherboard, and i am buying a Diamond ATI Radeon HD 3870 videocard, but it says that it requires "PCI Express 2.0 X16" and my Mobo only says that it has a "PCI Express X 16" slot, will this videocard work in this Mobo? or what is this 2.0 version thing?

Thanx,

Ralphmex

PCI express and PCI express 2.0 are backwards compatible, so should work fine. I believe it requires 2.0 in order to take full advantage of extra bandwidth available with a 2.0 slot. So it should work with your motherboard, albeit with a slight limitation on the bandwidth there. However, there are rare circumstances reported where pci 2.0 video cards have difficulty on pci1 slots.

So I guess the answer is "probably"

Thanks

SittingDuckie said:
PCI express and PCI express 2.0 are backwards compatible, so should work fine. I believe it requires 2.0 in order to take full advantage of extra bandwidth available with a 2.0 slot. So it should work with your motherboard, albeit with a slight limitation on the bandwidth there. However, there are rare circumstances reported where pci 2.0 video cards have difficulty on pci1 slots.

So I guess the answer is "probably"

Thanks a lot for your information

Yes it works, I have a PCI express 2.0 VGA card and my mobo can only support PCI express. It works, but it will not get to take advantage of the extra bandwidth.

Thanks buddy

brianinlfc said:
Yes it works, I have a PCI express 2.0 VGA card and my mobo can only support PCI express. It works, but it will not get to take advantage of the extra bandwidth.

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back