PDF Files - Starting each section on an odd page

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorturedChaos

So here is what happens. I work at a copy center that also has a builders exchange. For each project that comes in there is usually a book of specifications for that project. We are getting more and more files digital, which is great we don't have to scan the hard copies. But most of the files we get are broken down into individual sections. That can mean a lot of files we need to combine. The project I'm looking at right now is 58 different documents. So we use the combine in acrobat option a lot.

Here is what I would like to be able to do: For each section we combine be able to check if its on an odd page number, and if not insert a blank page before it. The reason for this is so that when printed double sided we don't have 1 section starting on the back of another. Now I know when we create these files through the combine command it creates a bookmark in the pdf file for each file we have started with. I was thinking there might be a way to use that to check if the bookmark started on an odd page, if not add a blank page before it.

I have done some searching for a script or option in acrobat to do this, but with no luck. I can do it manually but that takes a lot of time.

So, has anyone ever came across a way to do this automatically?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back