Peer Networking Grouping service not restarting

pw2much

I have been driving myself crazy with this issue! My main computer out of "3" cannot bring up the Home Group password to view or leave it nor change the password!! I have been researching this problem for about a month and know one seems to know how to go about fixing it. I tried Microsoft Fix-it with no success and it keeps sending me back to the fix-it download page. So I'm bring this problem to you guys. Now the Peer Networking Grouping controls the features in home group that allow you to see the other systems on your network and also depends on two other services to start, the problem is is that I can't and windows can't seem to start them all at the same time or however they are suppose to start.it seems to be a catch 22 situation one can't start with out the other and vice-versa. Is there anyone who has ever heard of this and tell me how to repair this issue, all help would be completely appreciated.

Page 1 of 1
Windows Network Diagnostics
Issues found
Either the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service (PNRPsvc) ...
Enable the services needed for Peer-to-Peer Grouping
Not fixed
Failed
Issues found
• Either the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service Not fixed
(PNRPsvc) or the Peer Networking Identity Manager service
(p2pimsvc) is not running
The Peer Networking Grouping service (p2psvc) depends on both these
services in order to function properly
Enable the services needed for Peer-to-Peer Grouping Failed
Network Diagnostics Log
File Name: 52ABE889-8A85-444A-9BED-68059178967F.Repair.Admin.1.etl
Detection details
Network Diagnostics Log
File Name: 52ABE889-8A85-444A-9BED-68059178967F.Diagnose.Admin.0.etl
Other Networking Configuration and Logs
File Name: NetworkConfiquration.cab
Collection information
Computer Name:
Windows Version:
Architecture:
Time:
PAULWADE-PC
x86
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:28:39 AM
Publisher details
Windows Network Diagnostics
Detects problems with network connectivity.
Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Windows
file:IIIC:lUserslPaul%20Wade/AppDataiLocallElevatedDiagnostics/460911090/20120523... 512312012
This is the results from Microsoft Fix-it.

My Specs. are: MSI-MS-7368, AMD Athlon 64 X2Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3GHz,4Gb Kingston HyperX DDR-3 1600 ram,a 320GB+1TB HHD, Galaxy GeForce GT 520 DDR3 1024MB video card,,Corsair TX650 PSU.

So I did some more research and found out to repair Peer Networking Grouping svc and how to also restart my HomeGroup that I also had problems with!

It would have been nice for you to let people know what the answer to OUR problem was. I thought that was one of the 2 reasons we post questions? To get the answers.

Back