TechSpot

Pelican PL-7020 R/F adapter, GameCube

By plasma dragon00
Jan 10, 2010
  1. Heres the problem... I was vacuuming my room, and the vacuum pulled the R/F cable out of my Pelican PL-7020 R/F adapter for the GameCube... the wire still looks intact. I see a "clip", a metal arch that the cable insulation slips in to on the main board.. But, does anyone know where I solder the inner wire of the Coax cable to? I would try soldering it to that first.

Chances of me finding help are slim, but, if anyone has information on what I need to do to fix it, I would be immensely grateful.

If anyone needs pics of the board, I can easily provide those.

Thank you,

~plasma

EDIT - just looked at it again for a quick minute, and there is actually a small solder point on the side of that clip (and the clip is also soldered on the bottom of the board). I am assuming that I should indeed solder the wire back to this clip. Will try that within this week, but if anyone else has further information, I would be quite thankful :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.