TechSpot

Pentagon to order 650,000 iOS devices, replace aging BlackBerries

By Matthew
Mar 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Speaking with "well-placed sources," Electronista says that the US Department of Defense is preparing to update its mobile gear, abandoning BlackBerry in the process.

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,173   +243

Being the DoD you would have thought they would be smart enough to create there own phone that is military grade to keep all secret stuff secret :L

3. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

When I think of idevices, I picture hipsters playing angrybirds.
    Good image for the DoD...

m4a4, Kezhen Gao and wastedkill like this.
  4. Waste of money., what else is there to say??

m4a4 likes this.
  5. m4a4 and Kezhen Gao like this.
  6. highlander84

highlander84 TS Member Posts: 98   +20

What could they possible need Ipods for or ipad minis for? Seriously? What a huge ****ing waste of money...

m4a4 likes this.
  7. Wow, talk about poor reporting job. Ever hear of checking your resources first??? This article by Electronista is already been refuted by the DoD and they have already issued a statement to clarify their position. Do us a favor and update your article and report the truth and not someone elses made up stuff. See article http://www.computerworlduk.com/news...se-spokesman-says-dod-not-dumping-blackberry/ and use google as well maybe.

Kezhen Gao likes this.
  8. To all those whining about article inaccuracy... stop your crying, this is not the Wall Street Journal or New York Times, errors happen. Deal with it.

9. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,814   +921

Part of Techspot News' charm is its inaccuracy...:p For example, this thread would have led to a massive Apple flame-in. Those are a lot more fun than run of the mill Pentagon denials....;)

Then there's the whole "participant humiliation factor", when you find out you've been arguing the wrong side of a false article..

I never let silly things like that bother me though, I get right back up on the TS news bucking horse and holler, "open the gate"....!!! :D

Uvindu likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.