Pentium 4 2.4GHz or Intel Celeron D 330

I have pentium 4 2,4 ghz and intel celeron D 330(overclocked at 3,5 ghz -stable)
My mobo is : Asus P4P800-X
My problem is i dont know what processor to put , i`m gamer and i want best processor for games..

I can`t give you links of this processors because i`m new here.

but p4 2,4 ghz have 2nd cache 512k, celeron 256k

They are both so comparable in performance, there would be little difference in using either of them.

I have a similar situation with a Celeron D 3.2 (LGA775) system and a P4 2.8 CPU that I could use. After looking up the benchmarks, I found that it was a flip flop as to which one out performed the other. It boiled down to only gaining performance when processing certain things. Therefor it was not even worth considering the CPU switch.

Ye but if i overclock that pentium ? to 2,8 ghz maybe? would be difference in gaming,multi-tasking?
Looking at it from that point, would you not be able to over-clock the Celeron D? If this is a stupid question forgive me as I wasn't involved in over-clocking during this time period. If the Celeron D can not be over-clocked ignore the following.

If I'm looking at the specs correctly, the Celeron D uses less power and would have more head room for over-clocking.

P4 2.4GHz (PPGA478)
  • FSB Speed 800 MHz
  • Lithography 130 nm

Celeron D 330 (PPGA478)
  • FSB Speed 533 MHz
  • Lithography 90 nm (uses less power than 130nm and therefor less heat generated)

So worth?
I read that celeron is for office , not gaming ... and P4 is for gaming, i mention that i don`t buy that p4 ,i have it from my cousin.

Further researching for my own curiosity.

Intel Celeron D
Conclusion:

Intel's Celeron D is far from performing like a real Pentium 4, even when overclocked. However, we would like to note that there have been many successful overclocks using the Celeron D 320 and different system components, to arrive at the speed of 3.6GHz and beyond. Heat continues to be a major issue with this Celeron D chip, idling in the range of 50°C and going as high as 70°C with air-cooling. Keep in mind however; the Celeron is designed to be a budget chip, not one geared for playing the latest games or compiling the latest programs, but rather doing general productive tasks such as checking your email, typing up documents, or browsing the Internet. If you are a diehard Intel user and are looking for a BUDGET processor, we would suggest the Celeron D over the traditional Celeron series due to the increased cache and Prescott core. However, this CPU isn't quite a performance chip, leaving the Pentium 4 as Intel's processor of choice to handle all gaming and workstation needs. The Intel Celeron D can be found for roughly $70 USD, making this a CPU that definitely won't burn a hole through your wallet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please note, I currently have a better system. An i7-2600K has roughly 24 times the processing power of these machines being discussed.

By todays standard, any gamer would advise an upgrade away from the PGA478 socket. I'm fairly confident that most techs today would tell you, your CPU is too old and you are wasting your time tinkering with the performance scale that it offers. In fact most techs would probably skip the thread and not waste their time responding because it is P4 related.

In the long run I think you would be much happier if you could find it possible to spend about $250 (that incudes an OS purchase) upgrading.

Back