TechSpot

Pentium 4

By you use a 286
Dec 6, 2007
  1. Cpu will turn on, but orange ligt stays on monitor. tried everything i can think of. not moniter, have tried it on other monitors, not a Video card or RAM problem eather

2. you use a 286

you use a 286 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 112

this has happened to me before, but previously I have been able to fix it

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Bad monitor? Can you hear the hard drive booting up? Do you have a spare monitor you can try?

4. rmdl51

rmdl51 TS Maniac Posts: 368

Hello! In order to help you a little bit more you need to post the specs of the equipment you are having problems with, to me sounds like a dead motherboard just if you already tried different RAM and Video Card, I might be wrong but that's why I need to know the specs.

5. you use a 286

you use a 286 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 112

mother board is working, Ican hear hard drive booting up

6. rmdl51

rmdl51 TS Maniac Posts: 368

How did you test your motherboard/ram/video card to be so sure they work?

7. Computer~freak~

Computer~freak~ TS Rookie Posts: 206

just because u can hear your harddrive boot up it dosnt mean that its not your motherboard. i have had this problem before and it was realated to a broke motherboard the system would power up all the fans would go on but it never showed any picture i traced it to the motherboard i bought a new motherboard and it worked fine after

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.