Personal Dictionary

Dexnewb

Hello!
I would like to create my own dictionary on my PC, preferably using Word or NotePad. Or if there is any other programm for it, then using that. What would be the best and easiest way to make a dictionary? And how?
Thanks

I would like to create my own dictionary on my PC, preferably using Word or NotePad. Or if there is any other programm for it, then using that. What would be the best and easiest way to make a dictionary? And how?
The easiest way to make a dictionary is to copy one.
I don't understand the question at all.
Do you want to create a wordlist to parse into a program or what?
BTW you do know that the dictionary definition of a dictionary is basically just a list of words with accompanying definitions; write it on a piece of paper and call it a dictionary.

I would like to reinvent the wheel. Did I post this question in the wrong forum? :confused:

Sorry about hijacking this thread. But really, my wheel will be better, mine's going to be square.....! :rolleyes:

Sorry for any misunderstanding, it's my fault.
As you can see I'm a 'Newcomer, in trainig' that is why I ask stupid questions. But I want to improve and stuff. Yeah, I've wanted a list of words, but I was wondering whether there is a typical programm for that. No problem BTWS.
Thanks

You want a list of words?
Then just make a list of words, or, if your vocabulary is too limited, find one online.
I still don't get what you want here; what are you going to do with the wordlist?

My Favorites are Verbs.....They don't Just Lay there.....They Participate...

Should this list be made up of only nouns, or would you like something a bit more balanced?
As you can see I'm a 'Newcomer, in trainig' that is why I ask stupid questions.
And this is also why we give smart alecky answers, it's protocol, ritual if you prefer

Does anybody want to hear my theory about why "English" is called, "English".

I think it's because of the present participle. How many get that?

Does anybody want to hear my theory about why "English" is called, "English".

I think it's because of the present participle. How many get that?

would it not then have to be 'englishing'?...wait...huh?

Eng-reka........Right Then....

"What the **** are robster craws?" :p
See, "robster crawring" would be the present participle!
would it not then have to be 'englishing'?...wait...huh?
That's something entirely different! It involves two (or more) British officers in red coats, ball gag(s) mandatory!

Again our "smiley" repeitoire fails me in my time of need.

(Smiley with leather hood, smacking a riding crop into its hand goes >>>>here<<<<).

Gosh, I Surely Hope that "Subjunctive & Pluperfect" Make the List....

...Isn't that a 'dangling participle'?:rolleyes:

Not on a good day....! :rolleyes: Remember, if the tails of his redcoat stay stiff for more than four hours, don't let the Colonel near the back of your horse..

The woman got into a taxi in Boston, then turned to the driver asked, "do you know where I can go to get scrod"? The driver turned around and said, "I've been asked that question many times ma'am, but never in the subjunctive pluperfect"!

So if the colonels dangling participle conjugates his split infinitive for more than a fortnight .............awwww, English is hell.

Back to the main topic.
I'm not a native speaker of english. That's why I am learning new words like masturdating, urbanup, quickie, voluntold, echo chamber, thizz, jammster, etc. I know I can check it out on the net in a blink of an eye, but still. In my own dictionary I would arrange them alphabetically and stuff. I would put them in seperate topic related folders for easier acquiring. Etc.
The point is that more or less the problem is solved.
Thanks

Ok...but just wondering, what good is a dictionary if it only contains words you know? Review?
Personally, I carry around a pocket oxford.

Wow, A Dictionary in Alphabetical Order...That's a New Concept...

Back to the main topic.
I'm not a native speaker of english. That's why I am learning new words like masturdating, urbanup, quickie, voluntold, echo chamber, thizz, jammster, etc. I know I can check it out on the net in a blink of an eye, but still. In my own dictionary I would arrange them alphabetically and stuff. I would put them in seperate topic related folders for easier acquiring. Etc.
The point is that more or less the problem is solved.
Thanks
Personally, I think before you delve into the grammatical intricacies of, "masturdating", you should stick to the standard interplanetary basics such as, "take me to your leader"! :haha:
:

If anything, that probably added to the confusion, but ok.
Sorry, I was either "masturdating" in an "echo chamber", or performing some "voluntold" pubic service, when I either "thizzed" or "jammstered" all over my "keyboardoid", accidentally hitting enter in the "processification".

Hope that clears things up. ;)

'Wow, A Dictionary in Alphabetical Order...That's a New Concept...'
Captaincranky, I totally agree with you.
What az ***** I am. LOL
Your 'leader' had better punish me for this.

Back