Petitions demanding Jeff Bezos not be allowed back to Earth gain almost 100,000 signatures

midian182

Staff member
In context: A combination of being the richest person in the world, his reputation for ruthlessness, and stories of Amazon's toxic workplace environments and practices mean Jeff Bezos does not attract universal adoration. It's a fact reflected in petitions signed by almost 100,000 people that demand the CEO not be allowed back to Earth when he goes into space next month.

On July 20, Blue Origin's first space tourism trip will take place. Among the passengers are Jeff Bezos and his brother Mark, who will be joined by a third passenger, the winner of an auction that took place on Blue Origin's website on June 12. Nearly 7,600 people from 159 countries took part, with the winning bid reaching $28 million. The fourth and final crew member will be announced soon.

It seems that many people would only spend time inside a rocket with Jeff Bezos if you paid them $28 million. Just take a look at this Change.org petition that calls for the CEO to be barred entry back to our planet.

"Billionaire's [sic] should not exist...on earth, or in space, but should they decide the latter they should stay there," reads the petition's description. The most popular comment states: "If they can send a billionaire to Mars why can't they send them all there."

The petition is just over 1,000 signatures away from its 75,000 target at the time of writing. Another petition, which describes Bezos as "actually Lex Luthor" and "an evil overlord hellbent on global domination," also requests he be denied re-entry to Earth. It is around 3,000 signatures short of its 25,000 target.

Signatories will likely know that Bezos is pretty unlikely to be denied entry no matter how many people sign up. The "Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers" petition has 1.8 million signatures and counting, despite the chances of it happening being around the same as Bezos getting barred from the planet.

Something else that won't have helped endear Bezos to the public is a recent report that shows he paid no tax in 2007 and 2011 and even claimed and received a $4,000 tax credit for his children.

Check out our profile of Bezos and his likes/dislikes in Drama, Drugs and Data: A Profile of 10 Top Tech CEOs.

Permalink to story.

I don't understand all this hate for a person none of these people know. I'm not going to dislike someone just because the media told me to dislike them. Also isn't the American dream all about making it big and about being successful? If a person makes millions of dollars due to skill or luck should they have all of their money taken from them and given to those without skill or luck?

I don't understand all this hate for a person none of these people know. I'm not going to dislike someone just because the media told me to dislike them. Also isn't the American dream all about making it big and about being successful? If a person makes millions of dollars due to skill or luck should they have all of their money taken from them and given to those without skill or luck?
You should get a job at Amazon's packaging center, because clearly you don't know a goddamn thing on the subject. Bezos has built a legalized slavery empire, without any care for people who work for him.

I vote for Bezos graciously giving his seat to Elon Musk, and then over fueling the booster stage, and letting it run until it burns out.

Either that, or over packing the stage separation bolts with about ten pounds of C-4 each..

Too harsh? Maybe. Long overdue? Absolutely.

Maybe if Makenzie Bezos championed the petition, we'd get the required signatures. While Bezos watched her give away her half of his money, from his new home. (y) (Y)

Last edited:

I think most people have no issue with others being successful but when those that become very rich start to do things like paying no tax while being the richest person in the world I think hate towards them is more than understandable, every month 20%+ of my wage gets taken away and I have no problem with it BUT only if we all pay that 20%

You should get a job at Amazon's packaging center, because clearly you don't know a goddamn thing on the subject. Bezos has built a legalized slavery empire, without any care for people who work for him.

So why do they work for him if they don't like the conditions? Why don't they quit their jobs for him all together? My guess is that would be a bit more effective than signing humorous petitions...

Were you born yesterday?
Yes. And I've already heard countless times that people in the USA and other "civilized" parts of the world just love to stand up for their rights and stuff. Apparently that was just another myth, now dispelled. Well, unless "standing up for their rights" means the right to rob some shops after a black man has been killed by the cops - that's the one right the entire country gladly stands up for.

Hilarious! Tell him he cant come back until he backpays the billions in tax he should have paid and agrees to be less of a horror of a human being.

I do love how people are taking this meme a bit too seriously. I doubt that when the guy hears about it, he will (if he hasn't already) 😂

IMO, Bezos getting a $4,000 tax credit for his children clearly shows how politicians have effed up tax code.
Yes. And I've already heard countless times that people in the USA and other "civilized" parts of the world just love to stand up for their rights and stuff. Apparently that was just another myth, now dispelled. Well, unless "standing up for their rights" means the right to rob some shops after a black man has been killed by the cops - that's the one right the entire country gladly stands up for.
Clearly, you have no clue what you are talking about. You have no clue what their reasons are for tolerating the BS they get from crApazon. Perhaps they have families and cannot afford to go without the means to support them while they look for another job?

Your likening their situation to the protests that resulted from police murdering people (and yes, Derek Chauvin, the policeman sworn to "protect and serve" was convicted of murder) is simply preposterous.

Regardless of your pontification, no one has control over the masses in the way that you pretend they do unless you are talking about, perhaps, North Korea or communist China/Russia. Those protests were people standing up for their rights, but no-one condones the damage they did or any deaths that resulted. Protests, and again, I am not condoning theft or killing as part of them, are standing up for rights and is, in countries that will hear it, the only way that change will happen. The US would not be a nation today if the citizens in what was the US 245 years ago did not revolt against what they thought were intolerable conditions.

So, what country do you live in that you think that is so advanced? Sh!t goes on everywhere, and clearly you were born yesterday if you think that it does not. People will only tolerate so much sh!t before they rebel against bullies.

Its the gigantic difference between rich and poor that disgust people. Free: social care, hospitals and education is good and it works.

I'm sure these so-called slaves were not forced to go to work for Amazon, and if the so-called slaves don't like the way that they are allegedly treated, I'm certain that they are free to quit and go to work elsewhere. You strike me as one of those hateful republicans.

I think the issue is that people may not know Bezos personally, but they do know the issues with how his Amazon employees are treated for example, or how he dodges income taxes. They also know that his rocket company Blue Origin received billions of subsidies from the government. So it's not like he's financing this little space trip out of his own pocket. Also, from the way he presents it, the only reason for this trip is for his own personal satisfaction.

I'm sure these so-called slaves were not forced to go to work for Amazon, and if the so-called slaves don't like the way that they are allegedly treated, I'm certain that they are free to quit and go to work elsewhere. You strike me as one of those hateful republicans.
So tell me then, if an Amazon fulfillment center were the only place hiring in your town, and you were out if work, would you take the job, or would you sit on your a**, "out of principle", and let your family starve?

I always enjoy the "idealistic and misguided ramblings": of low time members, just don't expect me to agree with them.

2018-04-30-image-6-j.webp

Here's Mr Bezos,rather obviously suffering from, "paranoid delusions of Chuck Yeagerhood". :rolleyes:

153608593_small.jpg

Notice how Bezos got the photographer tr shoot from a low angle to make him look more important

Last edited:
It's the American Dream to make billions and pay no taxes... Amazon's vehicles are all over the road, and somehow it's as if it's a crime to pay taxes to help fix the roads now to.

Back