Philips Pcvc820 webcam + XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobm

i have a compaq computer with winXP sp2 plus all updates, sophos antivirus, spybot, msn live messenger. a week ago my webcam worked fine, used the CD to load drivers although not shore i needed to as XP appeared to load its drivers anyway.
The other day my computer got a virus, after eradicating the virus, i found i still had to reload XP too many files missing.
formatted the hard drive twice, reloaded XP. downloaded spybot. downloaded AVG antivirus, msn live messenger. loaded webcam drivers from CD, webcam refuses to work, tried uninstalling webcam, and reinstalling drivers, tried updating drivers, tried downloading up to date drivers and loading / updating drivers. XP appears to load its own drivers and will not accept any other drivers. I cannot find a way to stop XP loading its drivers. don't really wont to go back to reloading XP then webcam before updating as I have a download limit. Help please

uninstalled all usb drivers and reinstalled them. dont have another usb device to test them with. but device manager says they are working ok. computer recognizes webcam, but just do not get any picture. red light comes on when webcam is sellected

Suggestion, take the webcam to a shop or friend with a PC and try it, odds are the webcam has just gone faulty.. its not uncommon for USB devices to fail expecially the cheaper units.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back