TechSpot

Phone makers copy PCs

By lokem
Apr 2, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't quite get this and I doubt this is an April Fools joke. How big do they want to make cellphones?? Shouldn't they just shrink and existing notebook??
  2. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 868

I just read an article in the new FORTUNE magazine about how Samsung is making a cell phone like the Nokia Communicator series. They said the screen on it will be 5 inches!!! That is a big cell phone to be lugging around. Pretty soon the cell phones will be faster than my computer is now!

It's ok though, because any new technology I greet with open arms.
  3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 773

5 inches??? Gosh... That's like carrying a small Sony VAIO.

I greet new tech with open arms as well (with an open wallet as well; if there's anything inside {g}); but only new stuff that are usable :D
  4. Ai Hate

Ai Hate TS Rookie Posts: 321

though it's 5 inches, if it's really light, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.
  5. lokem

Even though if it's light, it's rather hard to fit in yer pocket. I wouldn't want to carry a PDA like carrying an overgrown wallet.
  6. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

well, who knows in the future, these 3G devices have mini projectors to enlarge those tiny screens.
  7. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

No bad though, if you usually carry a PDA in the pocket like me. You'll get used to it easily.:D :D :D
  8. lokem

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury to own a PDA :D Seriously though, I doubt any of the Palms/Pocket PCs have a 5" monitor rite? ;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.