TechSpot

Phone makers copy PCs

By lokem
Apr 2, 2002
  1. I don't quite get this and I doubt this is an April Fools joke. How big do they want to make cellphones?? Shouldn't they just shrink and existing notebook??

2. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 709

I just read an article in the new FORTUNE magazine about how Samsung is making a cell phone like the Nokia Communicator series. They said the screen on it will be 5 inches!!! That is a big cell phone to be lugging around. Pretty soon the cell phones will be faster than my computer is now!

It's ok though, because any new technology I greet with open arms.

3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 672

5 inches??? Gosh... That's like carrying a small Sony VAIO.

I greet new tech with open arms as well (with an open wallet as well; if there's anything inside {g}); but only new stuff that are usable :D

4. Ai Hate

Ai Hate TS Rookie Posts: 302

though it's 5 inches, if it's really light, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

5. lokem

Even though if it's light, it's rather hard to fit in yer pocket. I wouldn't want to carry a PDA like carrying an overgrown wallet.

6. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

well, who knows in the future, these 3G devices have mini projectors to enlarge those tiny screens.

7. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

No bad though, if you usually carry a PDA in the pocket like me. You'll get used to it easily.:D :D :D

8. lokem

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury to own a PDA :D Seriously though, I doubt any of the Palms/Pocket PCs have a 5" monitor rite? ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.