Physical Memory Dump (Blue Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting blue screen errors, and it seems to be when ever I'm not around my computer. I've tried updating all my device drivers as well as bios config. Most blue screen errors occur when running malwarebytes and happenes during the scan. My computer is an inspiron 530s 1.6 dule core processor, 4 gigs of memory with windows xp professional. I currently have a belkon usb pci card, a 1tb hard drive. I really don't care if I have to format and reload the OS, but I'm curious as to why this is happeneing. I think it most likely would have to do with some king of virus, registry, and or file corruption. I doubt there would be any problems with the hardware. There should be 4 minidump files attached to this thread, and I'd greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks.View attachment 49760

View attachment Mini062009-01.dmp

View attachment Mini062109-01.dmp

View attachment Mini062109-02.dmp

Of the four minidumps three cited Windows OS drivers which are too general to be of much help. The fourth is an 0xA error and these are either caused by hardware issues or drivers calling an IRQ level that they shouldn't.

This error specifically cited memory corruption. You also had an 0x8E error and these are almost always caused by hardware and are particularly a strong indicator of corrupted memory.

Run Memtest of your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes and more if possible. If you receive any errors you have RAM that needs to be replaced.

See this link and follow it step by step: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Hey thanks a lot for your help. I ran the mem test. while I was swapping out the individual chips I noticed the one of the chips I put in there was the wrong kind. So that might explain why I was getting the ram blue screen errors. I then proceeded to test out the rest of the ram and after 7 passes they showed no errors. I have all the same ram in there now so that was a great help. You had stated in the previous thread that the first three errors were too general to diagnose. I have more dump files, if your still interested. If they ended up being driver issues, hopefully they are resolved because I updated every single driver I could including the bios. On the dell site I upgraded anything that said 2009 and seemed worth it. Again thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Mini061809-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
Were these dumps prior to changing out that one stick of RAM? Since changing it out have you received any more BSODs?

It may be too early to tell, but after changing you the ram there has not been any BSOD. I was just wondering if the other (other than the memory issue )BS's could be because of a registry/file coruption, virus or bad drivers. Most of the time when I get a blue screen its when I run malwarebytes. I guess if it's not broke don't fix. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back