Physical Memory Dump error (Blue Screen) help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok my dell pc with windows 7 on it just did a physical Memory Dumb and restarted the pc but now I can only get to the first black screen that you see as the system starts up....It still sees the HDD and I can feel and here it spinning....I just can not get any further than that. Does this mean that all my RAM just died or is it my HDD that died? I have 4 gigs of memory on it. I have not made any physical changes to the system in long while. I did receive a couple of other BSOD's about two months or so ago. But I just restarted my system and went on my merry way! Should I have been worried back then? Please do not tell me it is my HDD!!! I can still here it and feel it spinning up. It just will not go any further than the black screen that lists the serial ATA Bios and the ve

Ok I let it sit turned off while I was typing this message. I just went back and turned it on and it booted up all the way. Should I be worried? Is it my HDD or my RAM that is dying? If it is my ram I can replace that easy enough. But if it is the HDD...Ouch!

Here are my mini dump files...if that helps at all....

Attachments

• 041810-30732-01.dmp
    150.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 042510-25162-01.dmp
    150.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 060210-29671-01.dmp
    156.9 KB · Views: 4
Your issue is memory corruption and there need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back