TechSpot

Pick your favourite April Fools joke

By Julio Franco
Apr 1, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

And I've been thinking all day that this and this were Blizzard's big jokes this year.
    The whole .999~ =1 thing is a bit disappointing as a prank, Blizzard is usually much more creative than that.
  2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

I thought the best was "Doom 3 - In stores tomorrow!"

that or googles 1GB per inbox BS.

I WANT A GOBLIN TINKER! They should really have that! LOOKS SWEET!

"Half-Life 2 to Use Serious Engine 2.0." is pretty funny though, just because the site the news was posted on :D
  3. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

I like one of the jokes that was put on norwegian radio news.

Limit yourself to watching only two channels (on state financed), and you can buy a top-of-the-line tv for 1 NOK (that's 1/6 $). Quite a few fell for that.

Another one, which I fell for, was that the EU was to add postage to email, and not 0.01$, but 0.1 - 0.2$ per email! It was a norwegian hardware site behind it, and they'd put up a new domain for it...

Storm, I actually thought the two-headed ogre was quite funny.
  4. StormBringer

I thought it was funny as well, and quite a creative joke. Problem is, they are apparently not a joke.

I mean, what logic puts two players controlling a single character. And, The Goblin Tinker and his army of mechanical sheep?!?!
  5. MrGaribaldi

Well, if it isn't a joke :eek: I hope the players choosing that option get's a discount! Otherwise, you'd be stuck with a char that would be seriously limited compared to others.

And whatever happened to the Ogre Mage which let one of the heads take full control? (If they're going to stick to the story from WC2)

The tinkerer isn't that bad imo, as I'm sure they've given it drawbacks due to the sheep strength...

Oh, well... It's not like I care too much, since I don't play, nor plan on playing, any MMORPGs.
  6. StormBringer

If you check the Blizzard site again, you'll see that they have announced that all three were jokes, the .999~ =1, the two-headed ogre, and the Goblin Tinker(and his legions of mechanical sheep)
  7. somekid007

somekid007 TS Rookie Posts: 369

i got duck taped to a chair by my "friends" yesterday after first class. then 5 of them tried carry me from the 3rd floor to my next class on the second floor on the opposite side of the school before they dropped me on the stairs
  8. MrGaribaldi

Storm, they sure were slow to update that page...
    But still a fun joke :)

sk007, how nice of them... But look on the bright side, at least they tried to carry you around so you wouldn't have to walk ;) :D
  9. somekid007

somekid007 TS Rookie Posts: 369

Yes, did i mention to you how each of them were complainign how *FAT* i was?
  10. MrGaribaldi

Hmm...

How about next year, going with a divers belt full of lead?

Then they'll really have to work :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.