?

Which Operating System Do You Use?

1. I use an Apple Operating System.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I use an Microsoft Operating System.

29 vote(s)
    96.7%
  3. I use a Linux based Operating System.

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. I'm a line code person, I only use line command structured systems.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. I don't use Operating Systems and or even know what they are!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
By Zen
Aug 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I don't know if anyone else out there is even a tad bit curious as to see what the TechSpot population rolls with as far as a computers operating system, but I am.

This is going to be a real simple poll, no versions to worry about choosing, no nothing, other than the company's name of your system. Also be aware, for those "dual boot" or "virtual machine" users, multiple choice is in effect, select your multiple O.S.'s at the time of your original vote, the forums do not allow you to "after the fact" submit an add on or choice.

Please try and participate in this poll, it will only take a couple moments of your time........."thanks"! :)
  2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,575   +47

Seen as i'm using VM software, I've got just about any OS that's worth talking about. :D

I "main" Microsoft though at the moment.
  3. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,666   +58

I use microsoft, sometimes mac user have to wait longer for new software, otherwise I might give a mac a try.
  4. WinXPert

WinXPert TS Booster Posts: 527

The one I'm currently using. Microsoft only.
  5. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

I use Mac OS X, Windows 7, Linux (mainly Debian) and on occasion FreeBSD/Unix as well. So thats most of the boxes ticked for me. :haha:
  6. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,230   +232

Only Microsoft, although I "tinkered with" an apple years ago.
  7. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 938   +44

Ok now, who checked "other"? As far as I knew Apple, Microsoft and Linux own the O.S. field! What could this "other" O.S. be? Is there another open source O.S. lingering about that I don't know about.

I'm curious as all hell now!
  8. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,048   +75

I was wondering the same Zen. :confused:

But may be someone considers 'differently named' Linux distro as 'other' OS? Just a guess.

And about other OS yes there is, but no one I know use it, I have been keeping track of it for a while, and waiting for its V1.0 to ship before taking the plunge to test it. It is called Qubes.
  9. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

I did. BSD/Unix goes under "other", as its not Linux.
  10. Archean

Ah the other nix, why don't you edit the poll and add option for BSD/Unix instead ?

Will that be possible Leeky ?
  12. Zen

As far as that idea Archean, about editing this poll to include that other NIX thing, I don't think that necessary at this time. Whomever picked "other" did so properly, for I didn't include their option in the poll.

Looks like Microsoft is taking a sizable portion of our TechSpot members choice in O.S.'s! I don't think Linux is doing all that bad right now, pretty impressive to be only 3 votes behind Microsoft. But what about Apple? 1 vote so far, wow, I guess this poll so far may be an indicator as how people may feel about an Apple operating system.

"Thank you to all who have participated so far, please, let's keep things going if we may"! If you haven't chimed in here yet, why not vote now! :)
  13. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,230   +232

I'm curious about the last option, " I don't use Operating Systems and or even know what they are! " Then how could they of voted?:confused:
  14. Zen

Just a little humor my friend, just me being a little bit silly! And speaking of being funny, a moment of interlude.........

[​IMG]

Now back to more serious things.......:stickout:
  15. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

Microsoft here, just kind of evolved with it since the early days of ms-dos.
  16. Hardly surprising...? :rolleyes:

Only 11 members have voted so far though...
  17. Archean

I have noticed that lots of people usually have a look at such poll(s), and only handful of them actually vote for anything ......... which is weird or may be they are just ultra lazy to do couple of extra clicks.
  18. Zen

What you have said here my friend, I couldn't agree with you more on! It is rather interesting to scout out the topic area and see that something has like 45-50-60-70 views on a poll, but only like 5 people actually participating, very interesting, I guess it's those people who may think their opinion or voice doesn't matter. Or your assessment Archean, their to damn lazy!

"Good call"! :grinthumb
  19. WinXPert

WinXPert TS Booster Posts: 527

Yeah lazzzzzy.
  20. specialjuice

specialjuice TS Rookie

I run a microsoft os myself. I'm not quite so savvy to run Linux and I'm not a huge Apple fan (not knocking it, it's just not for me).
  21. samz2010

samz2010 TS Rookie Posts: 25

Microsoft OS
  22. Powah

Powah TS Rookie Posts: 22

Microsoft, mainly because I never learned about Apple OS growing up. But its never to late to start!
  23. lopdog

lopdog TS Maniac Posts: 378

There are actually a lot of alternative OSes out there, but I guess most of them have limited full-time users. Take a look at http://pcplus.techradar.com/node/3175 for a few examples. A very interesting project is also Menuet OS, a graphical OS that fits in a floppy.
  24. Zen

Well it appears that Microsoft, as it does in the real world, is doing it here and that is something called "dominating"! 21 votes for Microsoft, doesn't surprise me. 5 votes so far for Apple, I was wondering if Apple was ever going to show up, guess it did. And 8 votes for Linux based systems, I guess that number would be on par with a real world scenario.

To all who have participated, "thank you"! To all who haven't, there's still plenty of time to take a couple seconds and slide in your vote.
  25. It shouldn't surprise you... this is a windows site after all.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.