TechSpot

Pics on DVD

By adreamur2
Mar 1, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. I know this may sound stupid, but how can I put my pics and videos on a DVD and play them on the TV? Just copying them onto the disk was not good enough, they wouldn't play. Thanks for any help.

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,267   +1,692

It actually depends on your DVD players ability to read JPeg files. Sometimes you must use a CD instead of a DVD. Most free standing DVD players will automatically start a slide show type of display after inserting the disc. And yes, generally all you need do is copy the files to a blank disc. Your files are in JPeg format aren't they?

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +420

If by chance you are (and you probably are not) using a Mac then there is an option to actually encode your images onto a DVD in iDVD using mpeg2 - which is what movie DVDs are traditionally encoded in. It's incredibly easy that way also. I'm sure there are probably equivalent tools on the Windows side, but I haven't looked for any before.

4. ikalinin

ikalinin TS Rookie

you can create a slide show DVD in Windows DVD maker.. its really easy to do ;)