Pics & videos together

learninmypc

On my iphone4 when I tap the pictures folder, there are videos in it too,same videos in my video folder but no pictures in it. Is that normal or not? I've gone thru the settings but see no way to separate them. :)

I will try to show how to control App content control - - using iTunes and loading content from the pc to the mobile device. Not at all sure that works for Vids & Pics created from on the device itself.

• start iTunes & wait for it to present its interface (mine seems to take forever)
  • connect the device to the pc and wait again for the DEVICE to show in the left panel. If autosync is your default choice - - you'll need to wait for that too
  • click on the device and you'll get the summary tab.
  • under the device, I have Music, Movies, Tv Shows, & Books
  • click Movies and I see the videos on the device.
  • - - -to add a video manually, drag-n-drop from the pc onto the device:movies
  • - - -adding Music works the same way.
  • - - -books; adding ePubs or Pdfs in this manner will show them in the iBook App. When you download a Pdf/ePub, you get a prompt to Open With and that's your opportunity to load it into any other App you have installed. My secondary choices is called Good Reader.
  • click the Apps Menu and you get a list of the Apps YOU HAVE INSTALLED (none of the defaults, :sigh ). Clicking on one and the right panel will show the content being managed by that App.
I must say however, this morning clicking on my photo manager App PhotoMgrPro (just love it too), no content is showing up in iTunes whereas the device has a lovely set of folders organized by / nested by Contry, City, Venue. Don't understand that as it was working previously ( I suspect last iTunes update).

Btw: Just updated iTunes from 11.1.11 to 11.3.x - - a new Java RTE(JRE) was included AND startup time vastly improved. The App PhotoMgrPro content is still not visible from iTunes :sigh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't tell me java is needed to use iTunes cuz I don't have java on either of my machines.I'll check it for updates, thank you.

See this thread re Java
If you install iTunes, you will have a hidden JRE (the java name for an RTE). The application controls that copy independent of whatever you see in control->add/remove applications.

Ok, I read the article you linked to but its over my head :). Clicking MOVIES, none of the videos show up. Yes, I too just updated itunes. :)

Back