Pine Trail-based Asus Eee PC netbooks spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

As CES and the many planned technology launches creep nearer, product leaks are inevitable. Some details of Asus' Eee PC 1005P and 1005PE have hit the Web, revealing a black and white faux-carbon-like shell, similar to the Eee PC 1001HA. Blue models are also said to be in existence.

Online store listings of the Eee PC 1005P and 1005PE indicate that the devices will be based on Intel's forthcoming Pine Trail platform. Features include a 10-inch display, a 1.66GHz Intel Atom N450, 1GB of RAM, GMA 3150 integrated graphics, and Windows 7 Starter. Meanwhile, the 1005P houses 160GB of storage, while the 1005PE has a 250GB HDD and Bluetooth connectivity.

Both devices are expected to debut on January 11, just after CES. UK retailer LambdaTek has the 1005P priced at £211.26 (about $339), and the 1005PE at £235.08 (about $379).

Permalink to story.

Curious as to how many different flavors of netbooks the market will support. Seems like every day 2-3 new models are announced.

Yes, we'll probably see everyone migrate to these new CPU's (well, perhaps except those using the GMA 500 graphics; I don't know how this compares to that chipset in terms of power). Which is good, since they provide better graphics and better battery life.

I really like the look on that netbook. And it also has some good hardware in it. but it's reflected on the price (if i think about it, it isn't high).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back