Pink stop(?) error message

ComputerGod91

So I have only seen this error twice and both times after waking my computer out of sleep mode. The error is 0x116 and from what I understand is bad news.

So here's a bit of back story that may help, some times my computer will randomly restart when I try to wake it from sleep mode and then windows will give me an error saying it recovered from an unexpected shutdown. Now it does this randomly and then a few months back I got that pink screen stop error with all this stuff and the code was 0x116 so I just restarted my computer and didn't here from again till today, so I don't know what I should do about it.

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
4Gb RAM
Intel Core 2 duo @ 3.0Ghz
750 watt PSU from Corsair (recently installed last november)
HIS Radeon HD 5770 (recently installed last november)

I personally think it could be something to do with overheating cause I live where it can get up to 100 degrees F outside. Also my case does get pretty hot to the touch after a while but I don't know what to do about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

The 0x116 error is due to a video card driver, Try the following:

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Back