Pinnacle Media Center audio very bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Pinnacle PCTV 110i TV card, and since recently (I think when I updated my audio drivers) my audio has been very bad. It constantly sounds like the audio is turned up way to high. I'm hearing a very distorted sound. But the weird thing is, my audio in games and/or iTunes (For example) is nigh perfect.

I use nVidia drivers for my audio. Device Manager says it's driver version 6.14.462.0. I installed it with the nVidia nForce Audio 4.62 installer. It came with the nvMixer tool. I use the equalizer in nvMixer to get a little better audio. But this is also strange;

When I listen to music (Using iTunes), it looks like this;

xs4all.nl/~vdraanen/rob/audio/nvMixer1.jpg

But when I watch TV with Pinnacle Media Center, it looks like this;

xs4all.nl/~vdraanen/rob/audio/nvMixer2.jpg

It's almost like something is 'boosting' the sound, make it very bad. This only happens in Pinnacle Media Center. And I know, it probably is the fault of Pinnacle then, but the weird thing is that I went through all the audio options and I can't find anything.

Do any of you have any idea what might be causing the bad sound when I watch TV using Pinnacle Media Center?

Sorry, All I had to do was update my drivers and the MediaCenter software. :( It's fixed now.

Help me please

Hy there. My name is Kevin and the reason ehy I write you is that I have the same problem that you had whit your Pinnacle tv tuner. Mine is a Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick (320e). The sound is distorted to me as well. I was trying to fix it by updating its driver but it sad that the one I use is the latest one.
Could you please share some possible soultions with me?
I would be really appriciated.
Thank you really much.

Best wishes

Kevin

KKevin1986 the member above has stated (in Red) that all he had to do was update his drivers

I would suggest that you download your audio drivers from your manufacturer's support site
Then un-install your present Audio drivers fully
Then install the new ones

If you have confirmed this already, it may be that there are other factors causing the issue (Virus\Malware system files corrupt etc)

If you have further issues you are best to create a => New Thread, just for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back