Pioneer DVR107 D problem

I have a Pioneer 107 D DVR / DVD Drive it was in a external case prior but i removed it because of space issues
I have not used it for a while but it did work last time i used it since then i have changed my Computer and different O/S now when i installed it in the computer it shows in the bios and has mechanical operation but when a CD/DVD is entered its shows a spinning CD Icon like its reading but never show any files on CD/DVD and will not burn
I was told i needed to upgrade Firmware and Flash the drive can any one give me input please

Isn't this an IDE drive? If so, did you set the jumper on the back appropriately?

Yes it is IDE

The pins are set on master and I have pretty much ruled out any connection issue they have been checked and switched back and forward from Slave to Cable select nothing worked that's why i mentioned the flashing process and firmware if someone can give me guidance on the flashing procedure or any other helpful insight please do

The only time I've updated the firmware of an optical drive, I just double clicked on the file, followed one or two prompts and it did the rest.

Is the optical drive the only device on the IDE cable? If not, is the other device's jumper set appropriately?

Back