Inactive Plagued by Unknown Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneSword

Hello TechSpot - have mercy on me, for I have goofed.

Let's just say that I downloaded something we all know I shouldn't have, and proceeded to Trojan Horse the living crap out of my system. Yesterday, at about 10:30 AM, I unleashed hell on my computer, watching as, upon initiating an executable, several mysterious processes and programs with mysterious names began infecting my computer by means of opening several folders and command prompts and so-forth. Quickly, I disconnected from the Internet and ran System Restore as soon as the system was able, but it was seemingly far too late.

In response, I have done the following:
  • Restored the system to a week prior. This seemed to interrupt the malware installation process at the time.
  • Ran a full scan with Avira with no network connection. The scan detected about 12-ish items. Upon quarantining these items, the details seemed to indicate that the quarantine was largely unsuccessful due to system errors and inability to move items to quarantine.
  • Ran (severely outdated) MalwareBytes in Safe Mode and picked up a few more things.
  • Risked Safe Mode w/ Networking to update MB. After updating, MB picked up 81 detections. (Ouch.) All items seem to have been successfully quarantined.
  • Cleared all browser caches and reinstalled all browsers. Checked for fraudulent extensions. Changed my Chrome profile icon back, which had been inexplicably changed to the Awesome Face. (???)
  • Checked Programs and Features for any lingering adware and other garbage. Several items had lingered upon running Avira, but MB seemed to do away with what was left.
  • Restarted several times, regularly scanning with MB and Avira each time. Detected a few more items the first time, but got nothing but clean sweeps afterwards.
This morning, however, there was some weirdness. I opened MB to run a scan, and it seemed to behave as though I had already started the scan. Avira acted the same way. I tried connecting to the Internet, but it was sluggish and choppy at best, not seemingly able to pick up a connection, my VPN connecting on and off. When I restarted and entered my desktop, the taskbar and desktop began flickering, as if their processes were repeatedly attempting to initialize but failing, and this was further backed up by I/O errors that came up a couple of times. I attempted to kill by holding the power button, but eventually had to straight cut the power.

Now it hasn't done that crazy stuff anymore, but upon closer observation of Task Manager, I have located some mysterious processes: iaaslvpsvc.exe, renalcz.exe, and several instances of wiavezs.exe. I Googled all of these processes and got nothing back in return, which is terrifying. renalcz.exe and wiavezs.exe seem to be running out of a folder in my AppData folder titled, expectedly, "renalcz." However, access is denied to this folder and all files associated. iaaslvpsvc.exe is, even more terrifyingly, located in my System32 folder. And all of these files were created just a few minutes after 10:30 AM yesterday.

Scanning these items with both Avira and MB reveals nothing. It seems to me I may have opened the door to an infection that is not currently detectable by AV software, and I very well might be boned; particularly since I don't know how far this rabbit hole goes, and have no way of knowing what other nasty secrets are hiding undetected in my computer. However, I wanted to come to the good graces of TechSpot in hopes of potentially rescuing my computer from infection without having to bomb my entire system and start over.

Also, a couple added notes: firstly, wiavezs.exe has about two instances at startup, but gets about 4-5 after a time. Second, I have around 16 instances of svchost.exe running at any one time - however, this was well before I had (to my knowledge) infected my computer, but wanted to run that tall number past you guys to see if that many instances would be worrisome.

At any rate, sorry for the novel, and I hope that my computer can be saved...if not, I would like some tips on the most efficient means of bombing and rebuilding my system, preferably with as little legwork as possible. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back