Planix Deck Software Not Co-operating

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_eric

This program is old compatible with windows 3.1, 95, and 98 and was installed on my old computer. When i upgraded computers i reinstalled the software, and the main screen opened up, but when i try to use it, it does no function, then freezes followed by a (not responding) box in Windows Task Manager.

After ending the task a window pops up with the following information:

NTVDM.EXE

Reporting details:
Tsis error report includes: information regarding the condition of NTVDM.EXE when the problem occurred, the operating system version and computer hardware in use, and the Internet Protocol(IP) address of your computer.

Error signature
szAppName : ntvdm.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180

szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Error Report Contents
C:\DOCUME~1\Default\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe7b8.dir00\ntvdm.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Default\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe7b8.dir00\appcompat.txt

This is followed by another box stating:

Request to end the selected 16bit task has timedout. The Win16 subsystem may be unstable. Press ok to terminate the Win16 subsystem or cancel to leave it running.

I press OK, it terminates the program and the program shuts down leaving me staring at my desktop.

I've tried to run the compatiblity wizard in accesories applied the setting to the windows 98 and 256 color but this does not appear to resolve the issue...

Any suggestions?

Hi
NTVDM =NT Virtual Device Manager, NT is trying to emulate an old DOS based program and it cant, so it crashes.

You say you upgraded but you dont say from what to what you upgraded, if in the past you were running windows 98 then the program would work as it was based on DOS (that is DOS was running underneath the main OS) however if you have now switched to either Windows NT or Windows XP then both of these OS's dont have DOS running underneath them, instead they use what is basically an emulator ( a program that mimics another application) and it is proven that a lot of old DOS based Apps wont work with the NT based products.

You may have to contact the manufacturer of the program to see if there is an update or patch you can apply to get it to run in the new OS.

Regards

Upgrades

I went from running on Windows 98 to Windows XP and is there any programs available to fix this problem because the product had gone out of business . . .

CAN ANYONE HELP... I teach high school drafting and used to have 20 licenses of Planix Deck for my students to use. I understand the company went out of business, and I really miss the availability of the Planix deck program. Would you be willing to send me a copy of the Planix Deck software application, to be used in my classroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back