Play all function doesn't work for music or video files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've had this problem for quite some time and I think its about time I tried to sort it out.
I have a Toshiba satellite Laptop running windows XP and the latest WMP is my preferred media player.

About a year ago I had a Virus on this laptop that wouldn't allow me to connect to the internet. A friend took me through the steps in the security and the web part of this board and we dealt with the virus.

Ever since the play all function in windows that appears when you have media files in a folder has not worked. When I click play all I see the hour glass briefly but then nothing happens. If I try to select the files I want to play right click and then play all again nothing happens.

I don't get any warning or error messages, its as if the computer is ignoring my request

double clicking on a single file opens it in WMP normally.

I don't know if it is related but when this happened the quick media buttons on the laptop which allowed me to open WMP, play, pause, stop and select next track also stopped working and still don't.

Thanks for your help.

To fix the file playing issue, try reinstalling WMP.

The buttons need special software installed and running. Try downloading it from Toshiba and reinstalling.

I've already tried reinstalling WMP but It didn't make a difference

I guess Ill look on the Toshiba forums for a solution for the other problem then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back