TechSpot

Play sound file constantly after boot or login constantly

By markkk
May 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi

I am looking a way to play a sound file, in this instance WAV file constantly after boot up or login

I have disabled windows sound login and added nnnn.WAV in the startup folder.

It plays and loops fine but pops up with the Windows Media Player, in this case.

I want it to continue playing but silent mode without Windows Media Player popping up.

I have seen HTML TAGS to do it, maybe do it that way and exec it from bat or vbs file on startup of

pc/laptop

Thanks in advance

2. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,364   +53

If you cant find a better way, maybe rename the standard login sound as mmm.old and replace it with your wav file, then re-enable standard windows sounds.

3. markkk

markkk Topic Starter

Thanks for that

Tried that already and only plays one run of the sound file and does not repeat the loop.

I created a sound file, but instead of repeating it and making file enormous, I just edited the sound file with a start and end cue in the file making it loop at a few KB's

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.