Playing blu-ray discs in external usb 3.0 16x asus drive

Viraf P Chinoy

To: All my Friends on this forum.

I've a asus 16x bd-rw usb 3.0 based external drive. model no. is BW-16D1H-U PRO

I've purchased this in dec-16 & most of my dvds / blu-rays work without probs.

Recently I purchased a 2-blu ray movie set from amazon.com USA (Da vinci code & angel & demons).

When I put the discs they get detected show me the size as 42 / 46 GB as well but cannot play them in Power DVD 16 / 17 / VLC player 2.2.1

I'm able to open the folders but the files extension is .mt2s & hence the error faced when playing them

these 2 discs play ok in my pc# 2 where I've an LG 16x internal drive & pdvd 16

Can anybody help me in this matter so that I can play them oin the USB 3.0 drive without probs?

await a reply from anyone to solve my problem soon. Thanks

Viraf P Chinoy

Check & see if there is a firmware update for the BW-16D1H-U PRO on ASUS website. I'm not an expert on blu-ray discs but I do know that blu-ray copy protection can cause discs to not read correctly if the blu-ray drive/player isn't running the latest firmware. Example: my home blu-ray player gets an update from Samsung about every 3 months or so to allow it to play the latest blu-ray movies that I purchase. One other thing to check would be an update for the PowerDVD software as well, that too can play a factor in a blu-ray disc's ability to function correctly. Hope this helps, take care!

Back