PlayStation 2 problem any help woud be good thanks

vectorsigma32

well here my problem iv got 2 fat ps2 both the same region but one has a dead laser it newer then the older one it has a fired mobo but the laser is still good i was wondering can i take the older one laser and put in the newer one and it it will work and help with this woud be good thanks

Yes, it will probably work. But: Check your version number as well.

You see, I once had a PS1 with a fried mobo and another PS1 with a dead memory card reader. So I swapped the dead MC-reader for the healthy one, and it worked! Once. Then it started acting up again.

Both PS1:s were mark 5's -- SCPH-5502, so even though they were the same version, there were complications.

But working with a PS2 is just like working with a PC in general.
- Have you had any experience in working with PC hardware? If not, I can probably give you some recommendations etcetera before working with the PS2.

I would start by checking the version numbers on the back. Look for something like "SCPH-70004". You can also boot up the PS2 with a working mobo, and check the version from the boot menu (I think it could be done in "options").

Sure, you should be able to swap the laser if the models corresponds with each other. Just check your model numbers and you should be fine.

Keep in mind that it sometimes still does not work! You do not have my guarantee that it will work, even though it seems very reasonable that it will.

Good luck!

Back