PlayStation 3 discs not loading

By TheDreams
Feb 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I need some help, my playstation 3 does not read any ps3 game disks, whenever I insert a disk it says reading, then it sounds like its trying to push the disk back out but it doesn't. When I press the eject button though it pops back out. I have tried cleaning all disks. Help
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,120   +732

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

That sound is probably it trying to furiously read the disk, but it cannot.
  4. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 866   +167

If all else fails, just buy a new optical drive for the PS3. Installation of a new optical drive is a breeze and they're pretty cheap too.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,120   +732

Especially with the announcement of the PS4, prices will go down fast
  6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Oh? That's interesting. I wonder if updating to a faster speed drive will stop it being the bottleneck in data transfers!
  7. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 866   +167

Yeah, I've opened up quite a few PS3's and the Optical Drive is literally just sitting on top of the board. I don't even think it's fastened in by anything lol. In regards to transfer speeds, I don't see why not. You would just have to find one that is compatible.
  8. TheDreams

TheDreams TechSpot Booster Topic Starter Posts: 424   +32

I have tried opening the ps3 and cleaning everything but it still won't work so im thinking of just getting a new one until PS4 goes to the market.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.