PlayStation 3 discs not loading

TheDreams

I need some help, my playstation 3 does not read any ps3 game disks, whenever I insert a disk it says reading, then it sounds like its trying to push the disk back out but it doesn't. When I press the eject button though it pops back out. I have tried cleaning all disks. Help

If all else fails, just buy a new optical drive for the PS3. Installation of a new optical drive is a breeze and they're pretty cheap too.

If all else fails, just buy a new optical drive for the PS3. Installation of a new optical drive is a breeze and they're pretty cheap too.

Oh? That's interesting. I wonder if updating to a faster speed drive will stop it being the bottleneck in data transfers!

Oh? That's interesting. I wonder if updating to a faster speed drive will stop it being the bottleneck in data transfers!
Yeah, I've opened up quite a few PS3's and the Optical Drive is literally just sitting on top of the board. I don't even think it's fastened in by anything lol. In regards to transfer speeds, I don't see why not. You would just have to find one that is compatible.

I have tried opening the ps3 and cleaning everything but it still won't work so im thinking of just getting a new one until PS4 goes to the market.

Back