1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation Phone gets preliminary benchmark results

By Emil ยท 5 replies
Dec 10, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. The first set of benchmarks for the upcoming Playstation Phone, codenamed Zeus Z1, have arrived, and they're nothing worth writing home about. A new video shows the phone getting put through its paces, showing it averages out to about 24.4FPS, according to Engadget.

Read the whole story

2. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

The PSP2 I'm looking forward to but this is a nice idea as long as it doesn't fade away in hostory books like the N-Gage =/

3. sony should be giving us ps3 graphics on a portable device.
    i don't care if the size would be similar to psp1000.
    what happened to japanese innovation?

i don't need a psp phone. i already have a psp and a phone (not sony ericsson)

sony, show us real technology and we'll show you the money...
    ...or my credit card (damn, i'm broke :)

4. This is a call to all the modding, homebrew and emulator creating community.

PlayStation Phone + physical gaming buttons + Android SDK = the perfect Genesis, (S)NES, Gameboy, GBA emulator.

The console classics were never meant to be played with a touch screen. The gaming control button calls are all sitting there in the Android 2.3 SDK waiting for a kind programmer to make an unsigned console emulator app :)

5. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Booster Posts: 121

You missed out a word in the sentence: "The first one, showing the device [???Running???] Android 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread), leaked out just last week!"

Its probably "Running" as I have shown above

Just Helping out :)

6. It is using a benchmarking program from android that is not optimised for this phone. I will be assuming the games will be optimised for the playstation phone since they will be creating a seperate market for it.