Please.... can someone help me with this.. BSOD's and errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaZEtwO

for a while ive been having a hellova lot of problems with my pc.. random restarts, blue screens and various error messages. such as pfn list corrupt, page fault in non paged area and grrrrr irql not less or equal.
Ive been going out my mind.. since these problems ive upgraded my PSU, my memory, my cpu, new motherboard, new cables and tried several HDD's.. STILL i get these errors. ive read many different suggestions on the net and none have been of any help. I used to have 2 stripe raided SATA's and initially thought this was the cause of the problem but ive seperated them and ran various maxtor drive test and diagnostic tools on them and they have come back with ZERO errors, ive also ran these tests on my 160gig IDE with the same result.. ive tried loading windows xp home back on the SATA drives singly and in a raid setup and also on the IDE drive.. still i get the errors. ive ran memtest for several hours.. no errors (brand new memory so wasnt expecting any) now the weird thing.. if i turn my memory from 1:1 to 5:4 the crashes etc are a lot less frequent but still happens. The mother board is brand new, Ive cleaned and replaced CPU heatsink paste with Arctic 5, replaced cables and rechecked them. Replaced my old psu with a thermaltake 680w. Even when i tried another mobo (Abit AI7) i STILL get the errors... Ive ran out of things to try and was REALLY hoping someone here could offer a bit of info on why im getting these errors and hopefully a solution... I hope thats enough info but be free to ask me anything on my set-up if ive left anything out. oh i should add that i dont appear to have these errors in safemode..

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here. Note: Techspot has a limit of 100kB for attachments, so you may need to attach several zip files.

You can find your minidumps in the following folder. C:/windows/mindump

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thank you Howard.. I was trying to work out what to do with the minidumps before I came on to this forum but a lil bit too much for me..

Attachments

• minidumpsPT1.zip
    93.5 KB · Views: 5
The first thing I`ve noticed is the date of your minidumps is wrong. They appear to be from 20/04/06 to 21/04/06. This is strange seeing as we`re only on the 17/04/06. I take it your system date is wrong. Check the date/time in your bios. Also check for a faulty cmos battery.

Now, to your minidumps.

5 crash with memory corruption and bugchecks of 4E and 0A.

1 crashes at vsdatant.sys. This is your Zonealarm firewall driver. It has a bugcheck of 4E.

1 crashes at nv4_disp.dll. This is your Nvidia graphics card driver. It has a bugcheck of 50.

2 crash at SiWinAcc.sys. This is the Windows Accelerator Driver SATALink Accelerator Driver. They have a bugcheck of DE.

1 crashes at USBPORT.SYS. This is the Windows USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

0x000000DE: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

I suspect you have a problem with either your ram/video ram/L2 cache ram of the cpu.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hdd/page file etc.

Regards Howard :)

aaaah the only thing i have been unable to get a replacement for is my graphics card.. i recently fitted a zalmon cooler and tweaked it up a bit.. would the errors point towards a (now)faulty graphics card?
like i say, ive bought 2 new matched sticks of GEIL memory (used to have 4 x 512 cas 3 nanya) and also a new cpu (used to have a 2.8 p4) so im pretty sure its not tht (although i could be wrong)
i reset the bios to the correct date/time .. will run pc next couple of days at the correct 1:1 ram setting instead of the 5:4 its at now and post the minidumps.

oh and thanx loads for the quick reply .. i REALLY appreciate it.. thanx

i was going to try having a look at the mini dumps myself but everytime i get something about not having the right symbols.. ive tried to load them frm the url and also saving the correct symbol pack direct to my computer... what am i doing wrong?

PhaZEtwO said:
i was going to try having a look at the mini dumps myself but everytime i get something about not having the right symbols.. ive tried to load them frm the url and also saving the correct symbol pack direct to my computer... what am i doing wrong?

If you would like to read your own minidumps. Follow this short tutorial HERE.

Regards Howard :)

tedster .. when i have the memory at 5:4 my computer is a LOT more stable than when its at 1:1 .. its good quality geil memory so i didnt think it would be a problem.

just wondering.... could a bad installation of windows be causing these driver errors? there are a few scratches on my disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back