Please check if I have cleaned PC ok after Hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day all :)

Yesterday I (very stupidly) opened a file (a .scr file if that matters) that I recieved via Yahoo messenger from a contact, and after it ran it appeared someone else had control of my computer - yahoo closed and then a web page opened asking me to put my password in (which I realised of course was a sham); when I went to do an online scan of my pc it shut down on its own, and when I logged back on I got an error from explorer telling me something had tried to use a restricted memory location. I also found that the system restore tab had dissappeared and when i tried to run system restore i got error messages saying it had been disabled by the group administrator (it is a personal PC and I am the admin). Also I got several errors saying registry editing was disabled by the admin when i tried to open regedit. So I have followed all the steps in the "Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions." post, and here is my Hijack This log, can anyone tell if I am now clean? The symptoms seem to have dissappeared, but I have also turned Windows firewall back on, I was running Macafee Firewall at the time the attack happened but it didn't pick up any problems while my PC was being abused :(

Attached AVG and Combofix logs too.

Thanks for your help!

Hello Markus_Taylor , your logs are clean.

However fix the following entries in HijackThis..

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

Hello guys and welcome to Techspot.

Just a quick observation.

The two 09 entries that say file missing, don`t actually have a file missing. It`s just down to a small bug in Hijackthis. In other words, don`t fix those entries.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks heaps for that guys; I have used the advice in these forums a few times over the years to clean other computers from browser Hijacks and the like, but I had never seen anything like this one before so figured I would post the log just to check.

Thanks again for your help :)

Cheers
Markus Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back