Please check these Avira scan results

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

Firefox latest, XP sp3, Avira anti virus, Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, windows firewall.

Couple days ago all of a sudden I started seeing some warning windows about harmful files pop up while on the internet, so shut down and disconnected immediately.

Scanned with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and AVG Rootkit beta, nothing more than a few tracking cookies.

Then tried Avira. Got 3 warnings. At first I thought "only warnings" but when I looked at the report, I got a little worried. Here's a copy of the warnings part of the report - anybody recognize anythng bad in the file copies that Avira couldn't open?

Begin scan in 'C:\'
C:\hiberfil.sys
[WARNING] The file could not be opened!

Found this to be the "Hibernation" control - not needed, can be turned off.
Saves everything that's open when a machine goes into hibernation, but
things start up just as fast with starting up and opening everything fresh.

C:\pagefile.sys
[WARNING] The file could not be opened!

This one is OK, basically the virtual memory.

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{E5A8DDAB-AE80-48C6-A75B-D0FAB83B299D}\p3i2zhcn.cab
[0] Archive type: CAB (Microsoft)
--> unidrvui.dll
[WARNING] No further files can be extracted from this archive. The archive will be closed

This was just a whole bunch of operational things in my HP scanner/printer/copier.

So, apparently nothing bad. But with all the major security problems I've had over the past several years, I'm quite "gunshy" about anything that I'm not familiar with.

After I do anything that may be necessary about these warnings,I'll do a HJT and post - that'll be tomorrow, I'm sending this via my laptop at work (I work nites) and I'd like to be as sure as I can I'm OK before I reconnect to the internet with the machine that's maybe compromised. I'll post the HJT this tomorrow nite if I end up having to work, if not I'll chance hooking to the net with the machine in question and post it.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back