Please help! dvd rom drive not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently just bought an Ipod and i need to install some software. When i put the cd in the dvd rom nothing comes up. I check in My Computer and the drive isnt showing up there either. Ive tried fiddling around with the IDE cables and switching them. Nothing seems to work :( Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong or what i can do to install this software? Im also not super good with computers so try and explain it in simple terms :giddy:

go to the device drivers menu (start>ctrl panel>system>hardware>device manager) and look at the list. 3rd or 4th one down will say cd/dvd rom devices. click on that and see if your drive is listed. if it is, try reinstalling the drivers or googling your drive +driver downloads or soemthing like that.

if its not...i dont remember...i should probally sober up before i answer questions... :dead:

YAY GUINESS!

I did that and it had an "!" icon. How would i go about reinstalling my drivers? Would i need any disks, or can i just download them from the internet?

You don`t normally need seperate drivers for dvd roms etc.

Go back into device manager and right click on the drive with the yellow exclamation mark next to it, from the drop down list choose uninstall.

Once it has uninstalled reboot your computer and let Windows redetect the drive.

Hopefully this should solve the problem.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back