Please-help-fix-my-spacebar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo.aku

My spacebar only works when I'm holding the shift key.

Please can you help me by suggesting what might be doing this....

I've tried other keyboards - same problem

You could try changing language settings of your keyboard, and then changing them back.

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages Tab -> Details -> Settings Tab -> Add -> check that box for Dvorak -> OK -> Default input language -> English US Dvorak -> Apply -> Default input language -> English US US -> OK -> OK.

If that didn't fix it then I don't know. It was just a guess anyway.

When you changed keyboards, did you try USB and PS/2?

Yeah I did that already and it didn't help. Then, last night whilst playing Counter-Strike:Source it suddenly fixed itself so my guessing is that it had something to do with the game. Strange since it is such a stable game.

Another mystery.

Thanks for the response.

Do you have anything like a Chinese input support installed? Because usually when you have them installed, you go between English and Chinese input by ctrl + space or shift + space or ctrl + shift. You could easily switch to Chinese mode by mistake when playing a game. Use to happen to me when i had Chinese input. When typing Chinese, the space key will do nothing unless you have typed a valid Chinese word. Could be other languages too, but i don't know about those.

If you haven't tried yet, try restarting. My keyboard freaked out today and stopped working, so I restarted and it worked again. Don't know if this will help you, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back