TechSpot

Please help, guys. I've really screwed up.....

By torrenter
Apr 28, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I deleted the entire subfolders "open" and "explore" from the folder HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Folder/shell via regedit! After deleting a one line entry which worked and took away the option of scanning a folder with NAV2005, deleting the entire folders which looked so innocent and small has completely screwed things up! I can't open/explore folders of course, now I have to use search. Anyone know if I can reclaim the entries??

I have Advanced Registry Tracer, can this save me??
  2. torrenter

torrenter TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 203

System Restore has ACTUALLY WORKED!!!! Praise the Lord!

I cannot believe System Restore has actually worked! When I've wanted to restore in the past, it has never worked. I thought System Restore was a piece of ****, But when I screw up, restore has brought it back to life! I am going to now backup EVERYTHING! I suggest everyone does aswell. Let this be a lesson to us all.
  3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

System restore might be the first thing to try.
  4. torrenter

Thanks mate, I tryed it straight away after and I couldn't believe it but it had worked! One minute from all lost work to everything back. Every other time I had tryed this it has never worked. Do you know if there's any literature out there that can tell you what each registry category is for/does, how to get around? It can be so useful and so dangerous at the same time to amend the thing. I am so happy!
  5. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

All is revealed HERE
  6. torrenter

Thanks for another great link, I want to master the registry. Seems the only tool which you can use which WILL effect your system. So I want to find out how to customize it..without screwing up.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.