Please help, I'm getting a white screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am sorry if I am in the wrong thread, I am having the same problem as the post I copied and pasted below, I have a dell inspiron 6000, and im using windows xp, Could someone please help me as I have all and so many family pics/videos and data that i dont want to loose, i lost my 2 kids to a fire, and these are all the memories i have, I am very dumb when it comes to computers, I bought this one from a friend. thanks Jessica.

"Dell Latitude CS-Series "This computer system,,#7T502B1-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You Cannot Access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press Enter"

this is a white screen that comes up after you turn the computetr on.
even during the initial screen (press f2 for setup) it won't do any good to press f2 because it will still take you to the "white screen"

How can i get rid of this (don't care about losing data) Is it possible?

Well from this post it seems like there some issue with password and that too set in the system bios .... please clarify about this

If the issue is that you do not have the BIOS password for "your" Dell, it really can't remediated or even discussed on this site.

Unfortunately, this includes whatever tragedy there may be involved in the backstory, sorry.

It seems that this would be a good time time for you to touch base with Jessica.

Well from this post it seems like there some issue with password and that too set in the system bios .... please clarify about this

thanks, I have had this computer for a year, and i took the hard drive out to secure it somewhere else while I was on vacation, and when I came back to put the hard drive in, I than got that message and not i cant do anything, it wont even let me typ a [password. the information posted is just their and when i go to push the up/down arrows, the machine just shuts off. idk what to do

If the issue is that you do not have the BIOS password for "your" Dell, it really can't remediated or even discussed on this site.

seriously i did not know that.

Unfortunately, this includes whatever tragedy there may be involved in the backstory, sorry.

It seems that this would be a good time time for you to touch base with Jessica.

so are you saying their is no way around it. thanks

I believe your data should be alright, so you don't have to worry about it.

However, as captaincranky clarified that bios password related issues are pretty difficult to handle here; the best solution would be to call someone form your system maker for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back