Please help me check this HJT log

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenaki

Hi everyone,

My pc was infected with trojan but I have cleaned it with all the antispywares and anti viruses that I have and I have also followed the preliminary instructions to boot in safe mode and deactivated online scanners. I think my pc is clean now but just want to make sure it is. Could you please take a look at the attached HJT log and let me know if it is truly cleaned or if there is anything that I should fix further ? Thanks.

Regards,

Ken

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.6 KB · Views: 6
Nothing bad. Run hijackthis and remove the 2 items below

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} -

also make sure you only have one antivirus I think I saw avast and avg

Reset Internet Explolrer to Its default settings

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.
Note If you cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Thanks to all of you for the advices. I love this forum. Everybody is so eager to help.

To Bill : As I mentioned in my post, I did all the preliminary cleaning as instructed before posting my log.

To Daniel : Nice to see your post again Dan. Those two items are fixed but I don't know how to get rid of the AVG. It doesn't show in my Add/Remove list but I can see a folder containing AVG 7 in the program file folder. I was afraid to delete this folder because there is a warning that my computer may not run properly if I delete that folder. Can you tell me how to get rid of this AVG securely ?

To Tw0rld : I followed the steps but when it is doing the resetting, it failed to disable the add on, and resetting user customization. Could you tell me why I need to reset this IE as I might still need the add on and resetting it would disable my add on ?

Rgds,

Ken

To Tw0rld : I followed the steps but when it is doing the resetting, it failed to disable the add on, and resetting user customization. Could you tell me why I need to reset this IE as I might still need the add on and resetting it would disable my add on ?

Some IE Settings are missing from your logs. Resetting IE Will get rid of any bad ActiveX controls that may have attached themselves to your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back