Please help me install Half-Life 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I was a huge fan of the first Half-Life game and have waited years to play its sequel, while my home PC languished in obsolescence (Somewhat like myself at the minute). When I attempted to install the game, though, Steam downloaded and attempted to update, but can't. The error which comes up is: "Steam.exe (main exception): unable to load library Steam.dll"

I've already tried: uninstalling the Steam that automatically downloaded the first time I put the disk in the drive and downloading the version from the Steam website; and downloading RegCure to diagnose and fix the problem. Neither could get me past the same error.

My OS is Vista Home Premium and I'm on a wireless connection, my PC is new so I don't think it's mere congestion, and I'm utterly confused. If anyone else has seen and overcome the same problem I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks,

PM

Right, I have had this problem many of times.* I fix it by simply un-installing, deleting everything that has to do with steam, and re-installing.* Sometimes this can take up to 3-4 times, or more.* I never looked at that page though, so it may be worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back