Please help me solve my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My system is affected by some malwares, spywares and adwares few days ago when I tried to install a software by disabling my Norton Internet security. I tried to clean it using Ewido trial version, Ad-Aware and Spybot. I could able to clean some of them but since then my system has become very very slow, even my internet connection.

It's taking very long to start (atleast 20min) the system. Some time it just freezes and when I tried to write a CD my computer automatically shuts down.

Can anyone help me out with this problem. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Iam attaching my log file from "HijactThis" with this message.

Cheers
Jann

Attachments

• hijackthis22-09-05.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 6
Have you tried booting into safe mode and running ewido and adaware? If you've dis-abled your firewall or virus protection I would disconnect the ethernet cable before doing this.

edit: I would also recommend AVG over anything Norton's offers.

just my $.02

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You need to install at least sp1, but preferably sp2 on your computer, because your Windows is completely unpatched.

Let HJT fix all the 016dpf entries, and any entry that says file missing.

Your computer is also infected by the Nail.exe malware.

Go HERE for removal instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This is the thread I should have posted in :eek:

It's this person that has aurora. But Howards got this one sorted now :)

you have aurora -really nasty. It is a self replicating virus. Meaning if you remove it, it will reinstall unless you totally wipe it out.

Boot into safe mode. Run your anti-virus. Follow the instructions in the other threads on how to remove it. Turn off system restore so it can delete all your restore points (otherwise the virus will regenerate). Also clean your registry (follow the instructions carefully)

After all this is done, then boot back into normal mode, run anti-virus and anti-trojan checkers and when everything is clean, turn restore back on.

Problem with the system speed and malware

Hi,

Thanks everyone for replying to my message. As Howard mentioned, I did the scan and cleared some malware using Hijactthis, Ewido, ccleaner to remove nail.exe.
But I don't understand some of the program running in the background in the processes and its a huge list. Can you please let me know the unwanted programs/malware I can remove.

Attached below is the log file from Ewido and HijactThis. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jann

I`ve just noticed that you are using an out of date version of Hijackthis.

Also you have still not installed a Windows service pack.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Once you`ve done that, install at least Windows sevice pack 1(sp1), and preferably service pack 2(sp2)

Then post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back